Rechercher dans ce blog

Monday, January 4, 2021

How This $70, Extremely Sound of Music-esque Nightgown Changed My Life - Vogue.com

A few weeks before December 25th, my dad texted me to ask what I wanted for Christmas. “A red flannel Lanz nightgown,” I told him, sending a link to the exact, lace-collared variety I wanted, to which he took a beat and responded, “That's what we got you for Christmas when you were nine.” He wasn't being funny; I had literally received the same exact nightgown as a child, somehow forgotten about it, and rediscovered it anew at 27.

Ever since my adult, very Sound of Music-esque Lanz nightgown (which, it should be said, looks indistinguishable from the kids' variety in all but size) arrived at my apartment, all wrapped up in its neat brown paper package from the Vermont Country Store, my life has changed—and I'm speaking literally, not in the “OMG, that kale salad was life-changing” way you overhear at brunch. Throughout the COVID-19 pandemic, I got used to spending my entire day and night in rotating pairs of schlumpy matching sweats, adding a scarf and hat only to nip outside for a coffee; now, I've officially joined the ranks of The Nightgowned, and I can't imagine going back.

I've never been a particularly good sleeper, but as it turns out, having designated nightwear to change into officially signals to my lizard brain that it's time for sleep, or, at the very least, time to watch Will and Grace reruns under the covers while applying moisturizer and sipping hot tea. Ever since I started slipping on my soft, fuzzy Lanz nightgown after dinner, I've gone to bed feeling like a March sister; cozy, warm, and free from the pains of overly binding clothing. (They had corsets; I have too-small sports bras I refuse to get rid of because they're from Lululemon. Same thing.)

But Emma, isn't it hot to sleep in flannel?, you may ask, and to be honest, I understand the reticence to embrace the Lanz lifestyle. In the interceding years between the ages of nine and twenty-seven, I mostly slept in athletic shorts and tank tops, as befits a chronically sweaty sleeper, but let me be the first to say; I have yet to experience the feeling of being overly warm in my nightgown. Will that change in August? Sure, and maybe I'll break the athletic shorts back out then, but I'll still have my nightgown tucked away in my closet waiting for the first frost.

Let's block ads! (Why?)



"sound" - Google News
January 05, 2021 at 05:58AM
https://ift.tt/38c79ri

How This $70, Extremely Sound of Music-esque Nightgown Changed My Life - Vogue.com
"sound" - Google News
https://ift.tt/2MmdHZm
Shoes Man Tutorial
Pos News Update
Meme Update
Korean Entertainment News
Japan News Update

No comments:

Post a Comment

Search

Featured Post

Mysterious noise irking Tampa residents may be fish mating loudly: 'Pretty uncommon phenomenon' - New York Post

Residents of Tampa, Florida have reported hearing strange noises coming from the bay for years, and now scientists believe it may be fish ...

Postingan Populer